We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated legal secretary to joint our firm.
The applicant will be required to work principally for one of the director/partners who undertakes private client work specialising in –
- Commercial and residential conveyancing transactions
- Commercial property, business sales/acquisitions and landlord and tenant work
- Probate, wills and administration of estates and trusts
- Contentious probate work including work in the Chancery Court and Court of Protection.
As part of the role the applicant will need to:
- Carry out office administration, including typing letters
- Organise diaries, schedule meetings and respond to telephone queries
- Prepare draft documents and deal with all aspects of property transactions
- Organise case files, compile litigation bundles, submit documents to court
- Undertake the opening of files; client care letters, money laundering requirements
- Be able to show good client care skills and engage with the clients and support the solicitors work
- Conduct legal research
- Attend meetings with clients
The applicant ideally will have some previous experience in working in a legal office and will have an understanding of the areas of work. Training can be provided to the right applicant.
The applicant will need to have good computer skills. We are digitally well set up and operate via a case management system supported by advanced technology.
The applicant will have to have a high level of organisation, administration and communication skills.
This is a full-time position and the application will be required to work at the office Monday – Friday from 9am to 5pm.